Are porcelain veneers better than porcelain crowns?
Porcelain veneers in Gainesville, Florida
Cosmetic dentist in Gainesville, FL offering porcelain veneers. If you have chips, discolorations or other teeth imperfections, porcelain veneers are a great solution to transform your smile. Made of hard, durable ceramic materials, veneers are ultra-thin coverings that are affixed to the front surfaces of the teeth, and your experienced dentist at Smart Smile Dentistry can perform the procedure in just two appointments at our Gainesville, FL office.
The most important ingredient for having an impressive personality is to have a charming and beautiful smile. However, you cannot appear beautiful and attractive unless you have perfectly white and shiny teeth. If you feel shy smiling in front of other people, just because you are afraid that you will expose your crooked and stained teeth while doing so, then you don’t have to worry anymore! At Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville FL, we will restore your teeth with the help of porcelain veneers and give you a smile that you had always dreamed of.
What are porcelain veneers?
Veneers are very thin, tooth colored shells that are attached to the front surface of the teeth so as to mask their aesthetic and structural imperfections. Veneers that are prepared from dental porcelains possess excellent aesthetics, strength and durability. Therefore, porcelain veneers are being widely used throughout the world for cosmetic dental purposes.
Who needs porcelain veneers in Gainesville, Florida?
Porcelain veneers are useful for restoration of the shape and aesthetics of chipped or broken teeth. You can benefit from porcelain veneers, if you have any of the following problems.
- Permanent Teeth Stains – some developmental teeth stains cannot be removed through a professional teeth whitening procedure. Therefore, at Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville FL, Dr. Samant cosmetically restores these with the help of porcelain veneers.
- Smile Makeover – if you are not happy with your smile or the shape of your teeth, we will give you a complete smile makeover, so that you can smile again with confidence.
- Excessive Teeth Gaps – excessive gap between adjacent teeth, also known as a diastema are cosmetically restored by placing porcelain veneers over the teeth. The veneers will cover up the gap and improve your facial aesthetic and smile.
- Crooked or Chipped Teeth – broken or misshaped teeth not only ruin your smile, but also create hindrances while eating and speaking. At Smart Smile Dentistry, we restore the aesthetics, structure and function of these teeth with the help of porcelain veneers.
How are veneers placed at Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville, FL?
At Smart Smile Dentistry, we strive to provide you with the highest quality cosmetic dental services. The fabrication and placement of porcelain veneers is carried out in multiple steps, and may require one or more visits.
- Patient Evaluation – not every patient may be a candidate for getting veneers. Dr. Samant will perform a detailed examination of your teeth, so as to make sure that you are a suitable candidate.
- Tooth Preparation – Dr. Samant will then prepare your teeth for the placement of veneers. This is done by removing a very thin layer of the natural tooth structure, thereby creating space for the veneers. At this stage, the shade and color of the adjacent natural teeth will be recorded and sent to the laboratory.
- Impression Making – after the teeth have been prepared, an impression of the prepared teeth will be recorded, which will then be sent to the dental laboratory for the fabrication of veneers.
- Veneer Cementation – once the veneers are received back from the laboratory, they will be first tried onto your teeth without permanently cementing them. If the aesthetics and fit are found to be satisfactory, Dr. Samant will permanently attach them to your teeth with the help of an adhesive cement. However, if any minor modifications are required before permanent cementation, they are usually made at the dental chairside.
Why get your veneers from Smart Smile Dentistry?
At Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville, FL, our main aim is to take care of all your dental problems and bring everlasting smiles to our patients faces. You should choose us for the following reasons:
- Experienced Dental Team – our dentist, Dr. Paivi Samant is a highly qualified and experienced dentist, who is well known among the residents of Gainesville, Florida. So, we can safely say that at Smart Smile Dentistry, you are in capable and safe hands!
- Patient Centered Approach – we are here to help you. Please let us know about all your dental problems, so that we can take care of them.
- Friendly Dental Team – we want you to feel at home when you visit us. Our friendly team will ensure that dental treatment at Smart Smile Dentistry is a pleasant experience for you, and you visit us again for your treatment and checkups.
- Affordability – at Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville FL, we make sure that dental treatment is affordable by everyone.
Top 3 Reasons Why You Should Get Cosmetic Dental Veneers:
1. Immediate Results
2. Porcelain Veneers Are Stain Resistant
3. Porcelain Veneers Are natural looking
Caring for your veneers
Veneers are very delicate prosthetic appliances; therefore, they need to be carefully looked after if you want them to last for a long time. At Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville FL, we provide the following instructions to our patients regarding the care of their veneers.
- Don’t Bite Directly – if you bite directly with your teeth that have veneers, they can get detached and may fall off. Therefore, you should avoid biting directly from veneered teeth.
- Take Care of Oral Hygiene – if you ignore your oral hygiene maintenance, then there are chances that the food you eat may stick to your teeth and stain them.
- Avoid Sticky Foods – eating sticky foods may result in your veneers coming off.
- Visit your Dentist Regularly – at each dental visit, we will have a look at your veneers to see if they need any repairs or re-attachment.
Porcelain veneers – Frequently Asked Questions
- How Long will my veneers last? – if you take proper care of your oral hygiene through regular brushing and flossing, and adhere to your dentist’s instruction, then you can expect your veneers to last for even more than a decade!
- Can Stains Be Removed from my Veneers? – unfortunately, this is not possible. Teeth whitening is only effective on the natural teeth, which are porous and allow the penetration of the bleaching agent. if your porcelain veneers somehow get stained, then the only option is to replace them with new ones.
- Are Porcelain Veneers Safe for Me? – porcelain is one of the safest and biocompatible materials that are being used inside the human body, specifically the oral cavity. Therefore, porcelain veneers can be safely used for the restoration of your smile.
- How Much Porcelain Veneers Cost? – the cost of porcelain veneers varies according to the country of your residence as well as the dental office you are visiting. Generally, veneers cost between $500-1300 per tooth.
- Are Veneers Covered by My Insurance Plan? – this will mainly depend upon your chosen insurance plan. You can contact your insurance company for further details before getting your porcelain veneers.
So what is stopping you? Here’s your chance to enjoy the smile and good looks that you had always dreamed of! Book and appointment with us today, and let us take care of your smile!
Why should I get cosmetic veneers?
Veneers can correct all of the same cosmetic problems as bonding restorations, but they last longer and are more resistant to stains. These restorations are also a more conservative choice for the front teeth than porcelain crowns, which require more reduction of tooth structure. In addition to covering stains and giving teeth a pleasing size and shape, veneers can be used to correct widely spaced or slightly crooked teeth.
Process of bonding porcelain veneers explained in 4 easy steps:
1. Prepare teeth for veneers
2. Create an impression of the prepared teeth
3. Affix temporary veneers
4. Bond new restorations
Porcelain veneers process explained further – preparation / placement / bonding
Like bonding, the procedure for porcelain veneers rarely requires anesthesia. To prep the teeth for veneers, we gently remove about half a millimeter of tooth enamel from the fronts of the teeth being treated. This creates room for your new restorations. Next, we make an impression of the prepared teeth so that the dental lab can create your custom veneers based on our specifications for shape, size and color. The next step involves temporarily placing the veneers on your teeth to check for a good fit and color. After final adjustments are made, we will permanently bond your new restorations to your teeth, and you will walk out of our Gainesville, Florida dental office with a much-improved, luminous smile.
Contact cosmetic dentist in Gainesville, FL
Smart Smile Dentistry can help you determine if dental porcelain veneers are the right choice for your unique dental needs. Contact our porcelain dental veneers specialist, Dr. Samant DDS at Smart Smile Dentistry in our Gainesville location today at (352) 376-5120 to schedule your appointment.
Smart Smile Dentistry | 4404 NW 36 Ave | Gainesville, FL 32606 | (352) 376-5120