Bridge the gap with dental bridges
Aesthetic & cost effective dental bridges in Gainesville, FL at Smart Smile Dentistry
Restorative dentist offering dental bridges. Are you not happy with your dentures? Do you want longer lasting artificial teeth that would not only restore your smile, but also allow you to eat and speak with comfort? Then dental bridges are what you are looking for. At Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville FL, we take pride in offering very high quality dental bridges which will make give you a reason to smile again!
What are dental bridges?
Consider a dental bridge just like an architectural bridge. The purpose of a road bridge is to cover a gap between two places. In the same way, tooth supported bridges are used for replacing multiple adjacent multiple teeth. A bridge is a fixed appliance that is prepared by joining two or more false teeth and attaching two crowns on each side. These crowns are attached to the natural teeth on either side, which provide support and retention to the bridge.
Who needs dental bridges in Gainesville, FL?
Any individual who seeks replacement of multiple missing teeth is a candidate for getting tooth bridges. If you are looking for the solution of any of the following problems, then you are a candidate for getting dental bridges:
- Replacement of multiple missing teeth – tooth supported bridges are an excellent option for restoring two or more adjacent missing teeth.
- Getting rid of your dentures – dentures are not only quite uncomfortable to wear, but they also create hindrances during speech and eating. If you are also having this problem, you can get rid of it by getting your dentures replaced with dental bridges.
- Full mouth rehabilitation – implant supported dental bridges also serve as an excellent restorative option in cases where a full mouth rehabilitation has to be performed. Two bridges in each jaw can be used to replace all missing teeth in the mouth.
- Cosmetic teeth rehabilitation – although there is no match for your natural teeth, but teeth bridges provide excellent cosmetic results. Therefore, if you are not satisfied with the aesthetics of your dentures, you can always visit us at Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville, FL to get your teeth bridges.
Types of Bridges Available in Gainesville, FL
At Smart Smile dentistry, we offer three different types of tooth supported bridges, depending upon your functional, aesthetics and budget needs:
- Traditional bridges – these bridges gain support from the adjacent teeth or implant supported prostheses. These are the most commonly used type of dental bridges.
- Cantilever bridges – just like a cantilever road bridge, cantilever dental bridges are utilized when a supporting tooth or prosthesis is present only on one side. These bridges are not as strong as the conventional bridges. Therefore, they are not used in the back of the mouth and are only indicated from replacing front missing teeth.
- Bonded bridges – these are also known as Maryland bridges, and are prepared from restorative resins, porcelains or porcelain fused to metal. These types of bridges are directly attached to the adjacent teeth, and therefore require minimal natural tooth removal. However, bonded bridges are not very strong and durable. Therefore, their use is very limited.
Dr. Samant will guide you in choosing the right type of dental bridges for the replacement of your missing teeth, while especially taking care of your aesthetic demands.
How are dental bridges prepared at Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville, FL?
Fabrication of tooth supported bridges usually require 2-3 dental visits. Keep reading to know how dental bridges are prepared at Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville FL:
- Dental examination – Dr. Samant at Smart Smile Dentistry will first perform a detailed examination of your oral cavity and evaluate your medical and dental records. This will be done to make sure that you are a suitable candidate for getting dental bridges.
- Preparation of adjacent natural teeth – slight tooth structure from the natural teeth on both ends of edentulous space is removed so that the false teeth of the bridge can be attached to them. Depending upon the need for tooth removal, Dr. Samant may perform this step under anesthesia if exposure of the tooth is suspected.
- Making an impression – next, an impression of your teeth will be made, and sent to the dental laboratory for the fabrication of the prosthesis. At this stage, the shade and color of the adjacent natural teeth is also provided to the laboratory so that bridge teeth are exactly same.
- Attaching the bridge – once the bridge is received back from the laboratory, Dr. Samant will first try it on you without attaching it permanently. If you are happy with the aesthetics and functional outcome, the bridge will be permanently cemented to the natural teeth with the help of an adhesive cement.
Post-insertion care for dental bridges
- Dietary precautions – immediately after getting your teeth bridge fixed at Smart Smile Dentistry, you should avoid putting too much pressure on it. Eating hard food items, chewing gums and sticky foods such as chocolates and caramel can result in the dislodgement of your bridges.
- Oral hygiene maintenance – remember, your dental bridges will only function effectively as long as the supporting natural teeth are healthy. Therefore, you must ensure optimal oral hygiene, especially in the region where the bridge is present. A slight problem with bridges is that food tends to get impacted underneath the bridge. A dental floss should be regularly used to clean this area and prevent any chances of infection in this region.
At Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville FL, we would love to take care of your dental problems. Whether you need a tooth filling, or dental bridges for replacement of missing teeth, Dr. Samant is there to help you. So why waste your time? Visit us today and enjoy the smile of your dreams with your dental bridges.
Smart Smile Dentistry | 4404 NW 36 Ave | Gainesville, FL 32606 | (352) 376-5120
Dental implant dentist in Gainesville, Florida offering dental bridges. When you lose a tooth because of trauma, severe decay or periodontal disease, your other teeth start to shift toward the gap left behind. This process can cause a misalignment of the teeth and bite and lead to tooth damage and TMJ disorder, which is why it is critical to replace a missing tooth as soon as possible. The Gainesville, FL dentists and periodontists at Smart Smile Dentistry offer several options for tooth replacement, including fixed dental bridges.
What is a dental bridge?
A dental bridge is designed to replace a single lost tooth or several adjacent teeth, and it is made up of one or more replacement teeth (pontics) connected to crowns on each end. These porcelain or porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns are cemented to the teeth on either side of the gap (abutment teeth) to anchor the bridge in place.
Tooth loss not only affects your appearance and ability to eat and speak, but it can also lead to devastating oral health problems.
What is the process of dental bridge procedure?
The placement of a bridge begins with preparing the abutment teeth for crowns, which is followed by making a mold of the teeth. This mold, along with specifications for the shape and color of the replacement teeth, is sent to a dental lab so that skilled ceramists can craft your custom bridge. Our Gainesville, Florida dentists will place a temporary bridge to protect your teeth and gums in the meantime. When your permanent bridge is completed, we will cement it in place and make sure that we obtain the perfect fit and bite before you leave our office with your new, natural-looking smile.
Contact dental implant dentist in Gainesville, FL
Smart Smile Dentistry can help you determine if a dental bridge is the right choice for your unique dental needs. Contact our dental bridge expert, Dr. Samant DDS at Smart Smile Dentistry in our Gainesville location today at (352) 376-5120 to schedule your appointment.
Smart Smile Dentistry | 4404 NW 36 Ave | Gainesville, FL 32606 | (352) 376-5120