Prosthodontics – replacing missing teeth.
Prosthodontics specialists in Gainesville, FL.
What is a prosthodontist?
What services are offered by our prosthodontist in Gainesville?
At Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville, FL, we offer you the following prosthodontic services:
- Dental Implants – dental implants have become the most preferred tooth replacement option among the dentists as well as the patients, owing to their excellent strength, “natural feeling,” durability and their ability to restore tooth and speech function. A dental implant is simply a fixture that is surgically placed inside the jaw bones, and serves as the root of a missing natural tooth. Once the implant has become completely stable inside the bone, a suitable prosthesis, such as a crown, bridge or a denture is placed over to restore tooth function and aesthetics.
- Complete Dentures – complete dentures are usually made from a tooth and gum colored acrylic material, so as to match the color of the prosthesis with that of your oral soft tissues. These dentures are provided to patients who have lost all of their permanent teeth. As a result, complete dentures derive their support and retention from their underlying gums and jaw bones.
- Partial Dentures – these dentures are offered to those patients who have lost some of their natural teeth, and are prepared from acrylic or from metal alloys. Partial dentures contain various extensions, known as the clasps engage around the adjacent natural teeth and prevent the denture from dislodging or becoming unstable.
- Locator Attachment Partial Dentures – if you are not happy with the metallic appearance of the clasps of your partial dentures, then you can get an implant retained locator attachment system attached to your dentures. With this system, you won’t have to ever worry about your dentures slipping or becoming unstable, and they will only come out once you want to remove them before going to bed or for cleaning purposes.
- Teeth Bridges – bridges are an excellent tooth replacement option for multiple missing teeth that are adjacent. A bridge is a fixed prosthesis that takes it support from the natural teeth on the either side of the adjacent missing teeth. Since they are fixed prostheses, bridges provide do not get dislodged and therefore effectively restore chewing and speech capability.
Prosthodontics for tooth replacement.
A set of replacement teeth and gums is called a prosthesis, and we offer the full spectrum of prosthetic devices to meet each patient’s unique needs. Some prosthetics are held in place with the use of suction or special attachments, and others require the surgical placement of dental implants to hold them securely in the jaw. At your prosthodontics consultation, our experienced and compassionate team of doctors and hygienists in Gainesville, Florida office will examine you physically and go over your medical and dental history. We will also speak to you at length about your needs for comfort, fit and stability to find your ideal solution for tooth replacement.