Prosthodontics specialists in Gainesville, FL
Prosthodontics is concerned with replacing missing teeth and other damaged oral structures to help you achieve proper oral functioning and a good cosmetic appearance. The dentists and periodontists at Smart Smile Dentistry want to help you maintain all of your natural teeth for life, but we know that this is not always possible. Therefore, we offer a prosthodontics specialty at our Gainesville, Florida dental office.
Prosthodontics in Gainesville, FL
Whether you have lost some or all of your natural teeth as a result of aging, infection or trauma, you can still get your missing teeth replaced with a prosthetic dental appliance. As we mentioned in the previous paragraph, prosthodontics is a dental specialty that deals with the provision of dental prostheses for the replacement of missing natural teeth. At Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville, FL, our highly qualified and experienced team of dentists strives their best to help you retain your natural teeth for lifetime, which is not possible in all cases. In these cases, we offer you the next best thing! A prosthetic dental appliance that will feel just like your natural teeth!
Who is a Prosthodontist?
A prosthodontist is a qualified dentist who has been trained in helping you achieve an optimal tooth function along with a perfect smile, by replacing your missing teeth with a suitable prosthesis. Apart from undertaking a five year graduate degree in dentistry (DDS, DMD), a dentist has to undergo further four years of specialized training in order to become a prosthodontist. The American Dental Association (ADA) recognizes prosthodontics among one of the nine specialties of dentistry. At Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville, FL, we have a team of prosthodontists, periodontists, cosmetic as well as general dentists that will take care of all your dental care needs.
What services are offered by Prosthodontists in Gainesville, FL?
At Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville, FL, we offer you the following prosthodontic services:
- Dental Implants – dental implants have become the most preferred tooth replacement option among the dentists as well as the patients, owing to their excellent strength, “natural feeling,” durability and their ability to restore tooth and speech function. A dental implant is simply a fixture that is surgically placed inside the jaw bones, and serves as the root of a missing natural tooth. Once the implant has become completely stable inside the bone, a suitable prosthesis, such as a crown, bridge or a denture is placed over to restore tooth function and esthetics.
- Complete Dentures – complete dentures are usually made from a tooth and gum colored acrylic material, so as to match the color of the prosthesis with that of your oral soft tissues. These dentures are provided to patients who have lost all of their permanent teeth. As a result, complete dentures derive their support and retention from their underlying gums and jaw bones.
- Partial Dentures – these dentures are offered to those patients who have lost some of their natural teeth, and are prepared from acrylic or from metal alloys. Partial dentures contain various extensions, known as the clasps engage around the adjacent natural teeth and prevent the denture from dislodging or becoming unstable.
- Locator Attachment Partial Dentures – if you are not happy with the metallic appearance of the clasps of your partial dentures, then you can get an implant retained locator attachment system attached to your dentures. With this system, you won’t have to ever worry about your dentures slipping or becoming unstable, and they will only come out once you want to remove them before going to bed or for cleaning purposes.
- Teeth Bridges – bridges are an excellent tooth replacement option for multiple missing teeth that are adjacent. A bridge is a fixed prosthesis that takes it support from the natural teeth on the either side of the adjacent missing teeth. Since they are fixed prostheses, bridges provide do not get dislodged and therefore effectively restore chewing and speech capability.
Question: Who is a Prosthodontist?
Answer: A Prosthodontist is a dentist specialized in the field of Prosthodontics.
Prosthodontics for tooth replacement.
A set of replacement teeth and gums is called a prosthesis, and we offer the full spectrum of prosthetic devices to meet each patient’s unique needs. Some prosthetics are held in place with the use of suction or special attachments, and others require the surgical placement of dental implants to hold them securely in the jaw. At your prosthodontics consultation, our experienced and compassionate team of doctors and hygienists in Gainesville, Florida office will examine you physically and go over your medical and dental history. We will also speak to you at length about your needs for comfort, fit and stability to find your ideal solution for tooth replacement.
In conclusion, the prosthodontics specialty dentists at Smart Smile Dentistry provide a wide range of tooth replacement options to help you attain great oral functioning including the following:
- Full Dentures
- Partial Dentures
- Implant-Supported Prosthesis
- Locator Attachment Partials
- Hybrid Screw-Retained Prosthesis
Contact prosthodontist in Gainesville, FL
Our dental team at Smart Smile Dentistry, Gainesville FL, looks forward to seeing you at our office and would love to take care of all your dental problems. Our prosthodontist, Dr. Samant DDS is a highly qualified and experienced dentist who specializes in providing you with very high quality, durable and comfortable dental prostheses that will not only restore tooth function, but will also improve your smile and facial aesthetics. So what are waiting for? Visit us today! Contact our prosthodontist, Dr. Samant DDS at Smart Smile Dentistry in our Gainesville location today at (352) 376-5120 to schedule your appointment.
Smart Smile Dentistry | 4404 NW 36 Avenue | Gainesville, FL 32606 | (352) 376-5120