Porcelain dental crowns dentist
Cosmetic dentist in Gainesville, FL offering porcelain dental crowns. At Smart Smile Dentistry, our dentists value both function and aesthetics when performing dental procedures. That is why we offer the highest quality porcelain crowns, which closely resemble the appearance and light-reflecting qualities of natural teeth. These restorations can also replicate the form and function of your own teeth to help you bite, chew and speak with ease as well as look your very best.
Porcelain crowns in Gainesville, Florida
Do you know who is the worst enemy of your smile and good looks? Stained and crooked teeth. Yes! You need to get rid of your stained teeth if you want to enjoy a perfect smile. Normally, teeth stains can be easily removed with the help of a teeth whitening procedure. However, what can be done in case of development teeth stains that do not respond to professional teeth whitening? Here’s where cosmetic dentistry comes in! At Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville Florida, Dr. Samant can restore your smile with the help of porcelain crowns.
What are porcelain crowns?
A dental crown is a cap-like structure that is attached to the surface of prepared teeth, and they serve to restore the structure, function and aesthetics of crooked and stained teeth. Dr. Samant, at Smart Smile Dentistry offers you the chance to enjoy the smile and looks of your dreams by restoring your crooked teeth with porcelain crowns. Dental porcelain crowns prepared from porcelain possess excellent strength, durability as well as the capability to exactly match the color of the adjacent natural teeth.
Who can benefit from porcelain crowns?
You can benefit from porcelain crowns in the following conditions:
- Stained Teeth – porcelain crowns are an ideal option for masking the unaesthetic appearance of the developmental teeth stains.
- Crooked Teeth – porcelain crowns can be effectively used to restore the structure and function of chipped, crooked or fractured teeth.
- Following Root Canal Treatment – teeth tend to become brittle and fragile after they have undergone a root canal treatment. Porcelain crowns are used to reinforce the strength of these teeth.
- Tooth Replacement with Implants – porcelain crowns are also used when missing teeth are being replaced with dental implants.
- Complete Smile Makeover – if you are not happy with your smile or the shape of your teeth, you can get a complete smile makeover with the help of porcelain crowns.
Question: How many visits to the dentist does it take for a crown procedure?
How are porcelain crowns prepared at Smart Smile Dentistry?
At Smart Smile Dentistry, we take great care to provide you with the highest quality porcelain crowns. Fabrication of porcelain crowns in Gainesville, Florida involves the following steps:
- Clinical Evaluation – during this stage, Dr. Samant will perform a detailed examination of your teeth, and ascertain whether you are a suitable candidate for getting porcelain crowns.
- Teeth Preparation – in the next step, Dr. Samant will prepare your teeth by reducing their size, so that appropriately sized and shaped porcelain crowns can be attached over them.
- Making Impression of your Teeth – after the teeth have been prepared, Dr. Samant will make an impression of your teeth. This impression will then be sent to the dental laboratory for the fabrication of porcelain crowns.
- Placing the Crowns – when the prepared crowns are received back from the dental laboratory, Dr. Samant will first place the crowns over the prepared teeth, and check the fit and aesthetics of the prosthesis. Any changes, if required, can be performed at the dental chairside. When you and Dr. Samant are satisfied with the final outcome of the prosthesis, Dr. Samant will permanently attach them to your prepared teeth with the help of an adhesive cement.
Caring for your porcelain crowns
If you want your porcelain crowns to last for a lifetime, then you must take care of the following things:
- Avoid Hard and Sticky Foods – biting hard foods directly from the porcelain crowns can result in spontaneous fracture. Similarly, sticky foods can dislodge the porcelain crowns.
- Take Care of your Oral Hygiene – you should look after your porcelain crowns just like you are supposed to take care of your natural teeth. However, since it is difficult to clean beneath the crowns, you should also use an interdental brush, in addition to brushing and flossing your teeth regularly.
- Visit your Dentist Regularly – if you visit your dentist regularly, then any problems with your crowns will be diagnosed and treated before they can cause permanent damage.
What are the benefits of getting porcelain crowns in Gainesville, FL?
You must be thinking why you should prefer porcelain crowns over other tooth restorative options at Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville FL? Well, here are some reasons for you:
- Reliability – porcelain crowns possess excellent strength, therefore they are expected to last for a long time if they are looked after properly.
- Improved Smile – imagine how beautiful you would look once you got rid of all your crooked and stained teeth? Dental porcelain crowns do just that for you!
- Improved Self-confidence – after getting your crooked teeth restored with porcelain crowns, by Dr. Samant, you feel a significant improvement in your self-confidence, resulting in the improvement of your work, personal and social life.
- Improved Chewing Capability – chewing your food properly is very difficult when you have misshaped or broken teeth. Porcelain crowns will restore the function and structure of your teeth, thereby allowing you to digest food properly and enjoy an optimal dental and physical health.
Why you should get porcelain crowns at Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville FL
If you are a resident of Gainesville, Florida, then smart smile dentistry should be your first choice for the resolution of all types of dental problems. Dr. Paivi Samant is a highly experienced and qualified dentist who has been bringing smile to his patients since many years.
- Patient-centered Approach – at Smart Smile Dentistry, we make our best efforts to provide you with the highest quality of dental treatment.
- We Want to Listen to you – yes, we want to take care of all your problems. Therefore we would listen to all you concerns and do our best to take care of your concerns.
- Affordability – at Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville FL, we provide quality dental services while making sure that they are affordable for all types of patients.
A beautuiful and charming smile awaits you at Smart Smile Dentistry. So book an appointment today for getting porcelain crowns and start impressing people with your charming looks
Why should I use dental crowns?
As opposed to bonding or veneers, crowns cover the entire tooth. While not the most conservative option when it comes to cosmetic enhancements, porcelain crowns are often necessary to achieve the function and appearance you desire. Teeth that are decayed, broken or significantly worn may need the added thickness and structure that a crown provides rather than a veneer. A sturdy crown is also a better choice than a veneer for patients who grind their teeth because thin laminates are prone to breakage when excessive force is applied.
Benefits of crowns for teeth
Process of putting on a dental crown in Gainesville, FL
Placing a porcelain crown is the same as placing crowns made from other materials, however, our dentists at Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville, FL take great care to select shades of porcelain that perfectly match your own teeth for a smile that is beautiful but totally natural looking. We will shape your tooth and make a dental impression at your first visit, and you will return to our office after your crown is made so that we can cement it in place.
Contact cosmetic dentist in Gainesville, FL
Smart Smile Dentistry can help you determine if porcelain dental crowns are the right choice for your unique dental needs. Contact our dental crown specialist, Dr. Samant DDS at Smart Smile Dentistry in our Gainesville location today at (352) 376-5120 to schedule your appointment.
Smart Smile Dentistry | 4404 NW 36 Ave | Gainesville, FL 32606 | (352) 376-5120