Dental implants can replace missing teeth and secure dentures.
What are dental implants?
Who can get dental implants?
Dental implants are currently the most durable and reliable option for replacing missing teeth. You are an ideal candidate for getting implants, if you need treatment for any of the following dental problems:
- Replacement of a single missing tooth – a single missing tooth can be easily replaced with the help of dental implants by placing an aesthetically pleasing dental crown over them.
- Multiple teeth replacement – implants can also be used to replace more than one missing tooth. In this case, a fixed or a removable partial denture is placed over two or more implants to replace the missing teeth.
- Complete mouth restoration – if you have lost all your natural teeth, then you can get them back with the help of dental implants. How? It’s simple! Dr. Samant at Smart Smile Dentistry will replace all your teeth with the help of an all on four implant prosthesis. In this type of prosthesis, a complete denture is supported with a minimum of four implants in each jaw. The result is an implant supported complete denture that possess excellent retention and stability.
- Complete smile makeover – thanks to dental implants in Gainesville, FL, now you can change the way how you look and smile, and enjoy a smile that you always dreamed of.
Why are dental implants so successful?
Why use dental implants.
How are dental implants placed at Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville?
Placement of dental implants requires thorough attention towards anatomical details and aesthetics. Two types of dental implants are offered at Smart Smile Dentistry, depending upon the time at which the implant is loaded with a suitable prosthesis:
- Delayed loading of dental implants – conventionally, loading of dental implants with a prosthesis was performed after the implant has completely integrated itself within the jaw bone. This meant that the patient had to wait for a few weeks or months before complete healing had taken place.
- Immediate loading of dental implants – nowadays, it is also possible to place a prosthesis over a dental implant immediately after it has been screwed into the jaw bone. This prevents patients from waiting weeks before they can start eating and speaking normally with their dental implants.
Here is an outline of various steps that are involved in the placement of dental implants at Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville, FL:
- Consultation and Evaluation – the first step in implant dentistry is to carefully evaluate each patient. Dr. Samant will perform a detailed clinical examination and have a thorough look at your medical and dental records. All this is done to make sure that you are a suitable candidate for getting implants.
- The Surgical Procedure – we will start the procedure by making an incision onto the soft tissues overlying the jaw bone, to raise a surgical flap where the implant needs to be placed. Next, Dr. Samant will drill a hole into the bone that is slightly narrower than the thickness of the implant. The implant will be carefully inserted into the bone while using precise forces.
- Implant loading – a healing cap is then placed over the implant in case conventional implant loading has been planned. The healing cap is removed once healing has taken place. Otherwise, a prosthesis that had already been prepared is placed over the implant and the patient is discharged.