Dental implants can replace missing teeth and secure dentures.
Dentist in Gainesville, FL offering dental implants. Dental implants have quickly become one of the most popular tooth replacement options over the years. This is because of their ability to drastically improve your facial aesthetics, comfort and quality of life. Improvements in modern preventive and restorative dental care have made tooth loss less common than it once was, but this devastating consequence of periodontal disease and other oral health problems still occurs. Fortunately, at Smart Smile Dentistry, we offer the highest quality dental implant treatment to our esteemed patients in Gainesville, FL, so that they can start enjoying a beautiful smile with a healthy and active lifestyle.
What are dental implants?
A dental implant is a screw shaped metallic structure that is surgically inserted inside the jaw bone to serve as the replacement root of a missing natural tooth. Once the implant gets fully embedded inside the jaw bone, a removable or fixed prosthesis is placed over it to complete the artificial tooth structure. The implant can be topped with a dental crown. We can also place multiple implants in the jaw to hold a bridge or denture in place.
Who can get dental implants?
Dental implants are currently the most durable and reliable option for replacing missing teeth. You are an ideal candidate for getting implants, if you need treatment for any of the following dental problems:
- Replacement of a single missing tooth – a single missing tooth can be easily replaced with the help of dental implants by placing an aesthetically pleasing dental crown over them.
- Multiple teeth replacement – implants can also be used to replace more than one missing tooth. In this case, a fixed or a removable partial denture is placed over two or more implants to replace the missing teeth.
- Complete mouth restoration – if you have lost all your natural teeth, then you can get them back with the help of dental implants. How? It’s simple! Dr. Samant at Smart Smile Dentistry will replace all your teeth with the help of an all on four implant prosthesis. In this type of prosthesis, a complete denture is supported with a minimum of four implants in each jaw. The result is an implant supported complete denture that possess excellent retention and stability.
- Complete smile makeover – thanks to dental implants in Gainesville, FL, now you can change the way how you look and smile, and enjoy a smile that you always dreamed of.
Why are dental implants so successful?
The high success rate of dental implants in comparison to other tooth replacement options is due to their unique ability to promote bone formation around them. Implants are fabricated from high quality Titanium alloys, which encourage bone growth through a process known as ossoeintegration. This ensures that the implant, and any prosthesis that is built over it remains firmly retentive and stable within the bone and restores your eating and speech capability.
Why use dental implants.
Like removable dentures and fixed bridges, dental implants fill the gaps left behind after tooth loss and prevent your other teeth from drifting. An added advantage of implants is that they help prevent bone loss in the jaw. This is because they act just like your natural tooth roots, stimulating the bone when you bite and chew to keep the bone tissues dense and strong. Dental implants are also the most stable and natural-feeling method of replacing teeth.
How are dental implants placed at Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville?
Placement of dental implants requires thorough attention towards anatomical details and aesthetics. Two types of dental implants are offered at Smart Smile Dentistry, depending upon the time at which the implant is loaded with a suitable prosthesis:
- Delayed loading of dental implants – conventionally, loading of dental implants with a prosthesis was performed after the implant has completely integrated itself within the jaw bone. This meant that the patient had to wait for a few weeks or months before complete healing had taken place.
- Immediate loading of dental implants – nowadays, it is also possible to place a prosthesis over a dental implant immediately after it has been screwed into the jaw bone. This prevents patients from waiting weeks before they can start eating and speaking normally with their dental implants.
Here is an outline of various steps that are involved in the placement of dental implants at Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville, FL:
- Consultation and Evaluation – the first step in implant dentistry is to carefully evaluate each patient. Dr. Samant will perform a detailed clinical examination and have a thorough look at your medical and dental records. All this is done to make sure that you are a suitable candidate for getting implants.
- The Surgical Procedure – we will start the procedure by making an incision onto the soft tissues overlying the jaw bone, to raise a surgical flap where the implant needs to be placed. Next, Dr. Samant will drill a hole into the bone that is slightly narrower than the thickness of the implant. The implant will be carefully inserted into the bone while using precise forces.
- Implant loading – a healing cap is then placed over the implant in case conventional implant loading has been planned. The healing cap is removed once healing has taken place. Otherwise, a prosthesis that had already been prepared is placed over the implant and the patient is discharged.
What are the benefits of getting dental implants?
Still not convinced why dental implants should be your first choice to replace missing teeth? Here are a few more reasons for you: Durability – dental implants are prepared from titanium alloys, which are highly durable and last for a lifetime. Convenience – with dental implants, you will regain your ability to eat and speak just like you used to do have with your natural teeth. Alveolar bone conservation – after you lose your natural teeth the bone around them starts to dissolve at a very rapid rate. A huge advantage of dental implants is that when they are placed inside the bone, they not only prevent further bone resorption, rather they also promote formation of new bone around them. In this way, the health of the bone is maintained and the implants remain firmly retentive. Aesthetics – dental implants allow for fabrication of highly aesthetic prostheses to be built over them, so that you can enjoy an amazing new smile!
Contact our implant dentistry in Gainesville, FL.
If you have lost some or all your natural teeth, then you don’t need to live without them for the rest of your life! At Smart Smile Dentistry, we will replace all your missing teeth with the help of dental implants so that you can start enjoying an active lifestyle and an amazing smile! Dr. Paivi Samant is a well-known and highly respected prosthodontist in the region of Gainesville. She is known in the region for possessing exceptional skills in cosmetic, restorative and prosthetic dentistry. So what are you waiting for? Visit us today at Smart Smile Dentistry in Gainesville, FL, to discuss the possibility of getting dental implants.